Retiring Early

Saturday, November 18, 2006

More on Moonlighting

One thing I've noticed as I was looking around for other opportunities for my career, in talking with friends and co-workers, I found that a lot of people have side "efforts" that they are devoting time to. People I know are creating new businesses or providing their services after hours and on weekends -- all in addition to their day jobs. In short, they're moonlighting. I'm not sure if this is a byproduct of us being in a new internet boom or due to the recent surge in entrepreneurship or what, but when I say a lot of people, I mean a LOT of people have stuff going on on the side. So much so that it was a little bit shocking to me. Does anyone else out there have coworkers, friends, family have stuff going on on the side trying to generate more cash in addition to their normal day job?
del.icio.us del.icio.us

1 Comments:

  • At 1/10/2007 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a co-worker who has a cement business on the side (re-surfacing, I think). I'm not sure what she does vs. her partner (he does the actual labor I think) but I was surprised. I've started thinking about my 'side job' or 'second career' as well. With about 1.2M invested, I want to consider cutting back - hours, money, etc. Millionnaire Next Door always talks about your own business being the 'key'. I'm begining to think about it. On a side note, my friend's business partner is also a liability. Something I want to avoid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home