Retiring Early

Friday, February 23, 2007

Retiree kills mugger with bare hands!

Smart or stupid, this story is pretty amazing. A 70+ year old ex-military retiree on holiday in Costa Rica was part of a tour, whose bus was apparently held up. The story reports that he fought back, getting one of the attackers in a headlock, breaking his clavicle and essentially choking him to death.

WOW. I've been to the Atlantic side of Costa Rica through the shipping port of Limon, and I have to say, it's not a place to linger. The coast is an undiscovered gem, but getting there through Limon can be dangerous. All I can say is: I hope I retire with as much go-gettum as this guy!

Labels:

del.icio.us del.icio.us

1 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2007 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha that's great! I've an uncle who is 72 and would definitely be able to kick arse if needed.

    I definitely plan on taking care of myself and not going gently into that good night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home