Retiring Early

Monday, December 25, 2006

Ending the year...

Christmas ornamentHappy holidays! I hope everyone has a chance to relax with family and enjoy the holiday season. I know from my end, I've been enjoying it!

I'll probably only make a few more posts this year as I continue being in vacation mode for the rest of the holiday season. I expect to post my financial goals for 2007 and of course, an update on 2006 that includes both a December update and a summary of the full year accomplishments. Ending a year is always an exciting time, so I'm really looking forward to these summary posts.

Again, happy holidays and I hope everyone is well.
del.icio.us del.icio.us

4 Comments:

  • At 12/29/2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Fin_Indie!

    Just stopping by. You have a great site! Congrats on achieiving a great networth at such a young age!

    What is your investment strategy? Do you have a post somewhere?

    FT
    http://www.MillionDollarJourney.com

     
  • At 1/02/2007 9:04 AM, Blogger fin_indie said…

    Good question. Unfortunately, I don't have a post detailing my investment strategy, but I should.

    I generally follow a combination indexing strategy coupled with some aspects of value and contrarian investing (think Buffet). All of my holdings within this framework fit an asset allocation model that I built using aspects of modern portfolio theory. I know it's vague, but it should give you an idea on how I invest.

    I'll also add this to the list of posts I need to write. :)

     
  • At 1/02/2007 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year! Hey I hear ya on how exciting it is to look at the last year's summary in addition to the monthly summary. Can you imagine how people's financial lives would change if they had the 'bug' too?

     
  • At 1/02/2007 8:09 PM, Blogger StealthBucks said…

    Here's my little bit of net worth Bizarro fun. I write a very detailed "state of the houshold report" to my wife each year and try and be as light and witty (a real challenge, I know) as I can and then we take a look at it at the end of the year. One of my observations, is our spending projects, be they large or small always end up significantly different. Oh well, congrats and good luck in 07...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home