Retiring Early

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

About this blog...


I am starting this blog to discuss all things related to becoming financially independent. I know there are a lot of blogs out there that discuss the topic of personal finance, investing and all aspects about retirement. While these are often times very related, my focus in this blog will be on how they relate to retiring early. By "Retiring Early", I don't mean moving south, booking endless tee times and wearing out the rocking chair. When I refer to retiring early, I mean leaving the hectic pace and politics of corporate America. It means finding a more simple existence, finding ways to be less consumption driven and figuring out how to do more with less.

In short, the goal is to become financially independent to allow for truly interesting, leisurely and rewarding pursuits at an early age. Life is short.
del.icio.us del.icio.us

5 Comments:

  • At 8/23/2006 9:10 PM, Blogger mOOm said…

    I look forward to following your progress and learning how you are increasing your net worth so rapidly.

     
  • At 8/24/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger fin_indie said…

    Thanks. Make no mistake, I am not increasing my net worth through any "easy" or windfall efforts. Overall, I work hard, save nearly half of my annual income and have been investing in retirement since my early 20's. Living on low expenses, saving and investing has been the key so far. I'm not there yet, though...

     
  • At 8/24/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger mOOm said…

    I've had a similar savings rate.

     
  • At 1/10/2007 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wouldn't say my savings rate has been as high, but I've also saved 20-30% of my gross since I was 21 years old. I've done OK, I think.
    http://www.networthiq.com/people/Jean_2Mgoal

     
  • At 11/04/2008 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It has been inspiring going through your blog. I hope to be able to achieve what you have achieved. Thanks for sharing your journey with everyone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home